CALL AFRICA KENYA is a Kenyan NGO registered in 2005, born as the Kenyan counterpart of an Italian NGO called L’Africa Chiama. The NGO is set in Soweto Slums, Kahawa West (Kasarani District), where most part of its beneficiaries come from.
Call Africa Kenya is inspired by principles of human solidarity and working to fight the causes of poverty and social injustice so to build a better world in which all people are guaranteed dignity, human rights and equal opportunities. The aim of the association is to operate for the integral promotion of women and men in all parts of the world, contributing to the implementation of the principles ratified by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and giving priority to basic rights: health, housing and education. The NGO follows a holistic approach, always putting the person at the centre and paying attention to all the different aspects and needs of each one.
The focus of the Organization is within the child protection cluster. The area of intervention is within the Roysambu sub-county and its districts of Githurai 44, Kahawa West, Githurai 45, Zimmermann, and Roysambu.
The Organization’s objectives are:
- To facilitate projects which aim at promoting social justice;
- To facilitate an improvement to positive living conditions of vulnerable children;
- To promote community development with the quest of encouraging human solidarity;
- To lobby for support with the aim of helping disadvantaged members of society.
- Pre-Nursery school ‘Karibuni Watoto’ Beneficiaries: 50 infants aged between 7 months and 3 years old.
- Disability Center Beneficiaries: 60 Children with Disability.
- Mother and Son – Stop Aids – PMTCT Program Beneficiaries: 25 mothers with HIV
- Special Children Program Beneficiaries: 140 street children.
- Nutritional Centre Marengeta Beneficiaries: 150 families with elders.